User login


Grade Information for Faculty

Viewing Grades

 Follow the steps below to view a
current or previous term grade roster:

  • Log into (SSOL) and select Web Grading.
  • Select the desired term.
  • Select See Roster to begin the grading process.

Archived grade rosters are available back to 1992. They can be downloaded into Excel to save or print.


Submitting Grades

Grades must be submitted through Web
Grading on SSOL. You will need your University Network ID (UNI) and password to log in. The submission process requires two steps:

  • Click the Submit button on the web grade roster. You will then be required to check your work and perform a final submission.
  • After the final submission, you will receive a message stating that grades have been successfully submitted.


To determine whether or not your
grades have been submitted, check the grade roster which will state the date, time and UNI of the individual who submitted the grades.


Please note:
Columbia and Barnard students who take the same classes will appear and be graded on a single grade roster.


For assistance using Web Grading, please contact your departmental administrator or send an email.


Changing Grades

Instructors are responsible for initiating grade changes and must transact all grade changes directly in SSOL for students in most schools. If the Change of Grade option is not available for a student, instructors should use the paper change-of-grade process through their department. Students are prohibited from participating in the grade change process. To change grades in SSOL, click on Web Grading, select the term, and then select Change Grades.


To change a grade of YC or CP, return
to the Grade Roster and submit changed grades.