User login


Name Changes (current students or alumni)

Your name of record is the name listed in the Columbia University Student Information System. If you are no longer a current student at the University and would like to change your name of record, you must mail a notarized Name
Change Affidavit
 along with photocopies of the required forms of ID to the Office of the University Registrar to the address below. 


You should send copies of the following: 

• Government-issued photo ID 

• Another form of ID 

• Proof of use of the old name (credit card, CUID, marriage certificate, bank statement, etc.) 



Your name change request will be processed while you wait at the locations listed below. 


By Mail:


Morningside Campus

Student Service Center

Columbia University

205 Kent Hall, MC 9202

1140 Amsterdam Avenue

New York, NY 10027


Medical Center Campus

Student Administrative Services

Columbia University

630 W. 168th Street

Unit 45, Black Building 

1st fl., Room 141

New York, NY 10032